EZPack Water Storage for Firefighting
When fighting fires in rural areasor forests the most important issue becomes the water supply to the fire trucks. A typical fire truck holds 500-1,000 gallon (2,000-4,000 liter) of water. When hydrants are not available for online water supply the fire trucks need to leave the “line of Fire” thus reducing the effectiveness of the firefighting front line.
Water transportation heavily relies on a fleet of tankers and water trailers. Such a fleet is both expensive with significant maintenance cost attached to it. In order to be ready for peak demand or sudden emergency needs the investment involve in such fleet is very high.
EZPack offers a new Concept of pushing water to the front line by using fast deployment kits that convert any mobile flat platform to a modified water tanker.
The company developed a module that allows easy conversion of flatbed truck (or trailer) into a tanker. Within an hour a team of two persons can transfer a truck or trailer into a water tanker. No heavy or special tools are required.
EZPack Water Tanker Module is the ideal solution for water supply to fire trucks.
The concept of Water-Push:
- The fire trucks stay close to the fire line.
- The water is pushed forward.
- EZPack converted flatbed platform are called into action and being modified within hours (the first one is ready after an hour).
- The Water-Push platform are shuttling between the fire line and the nearest available water source for a constant water supply.
- At the end of the event, the equipment is stored in a relatively small and compact storage area, ready for the next event.
The Water-Push kit converts any flatbed platform into a water tanker in only a fraction of the regular cost. Between fire events the platform can be used for other transportation tasks. (Extremely better return on investment)
Water Volume Load Options with EZPack Water Tanker Module:
|Total Water Capacity
|34 foot ~10 m
|14X1,000 L/250 G
|Twin 28 foot double
~ 9 m
|14X1,000 L/250 G on truck and 14X1,000 L/250 G on trailer
~ 14 m
|28X1,000 L/250 G
|7 axle double-semitrailer (Rocky Mountain Double)
~ 14 m
|28X1,000 L/250 G on 1st trailer;
14X1,000L/250 G on 2nd trailer
|9 axle turnpike double
~ 10 m
|14X1,000/250 G on each trailer